Hey guys! I know it’s been awhile since I have been on. Please forgive, (and forget). Ha Ha! Today I have some exciting news! A GUEST BLOGGER!!! Selina Haller is a great blogger and knows TONS about hair, y’all! Selina Haller is a hair extensions writer. She has studied about hair extensions style and their beauty. She extensively writes about hairstyle, fashionable hair, and hair extension protection tips. “love beauty and love others” are words she believes. No need in me rambling on. Here is Selina!
Best Hairstyle Fashions and Trends for 2016
It would seem today that everybody is making a fashion statement based on their individuality. This has certainly spilled over into the hair industry. It is almost as if anything goes as far as the cut, the style or the color. One must admit that there has been some innovative hairstyles come out in the last few years that one could say are certainly individualized.
If you are a conservative type individual then chances are you are not going to go with something that is that creative. However, on the other hand if you are out going then maybe one of the crazy hairstyle ideas is just what you need to add a little spark your life.
Hairstyle and beauty has become quite a fashion statement lately. We have seen prices for a good cut or style skyrocket with no end in sight. Some cuts are going in and out of style every day it seems. As some beauty experts say – your hair can make you or break you. What will be the hot styles and beauty cuts for 2006? Some of these will surprise you.
1) The classic up-do. It has been one of the longest trends but seems to be a temporary style – something to do for a social party or event, but not every day. The hollywood stars like Jessica Simpson and many others sport the up do for Awards banquets and such, but they have personal hair stylists that can have their hair back in whatever style they want the following day. This style is best suited for medium or longer length hair.
2) Hair stenciling for uniqueness – this has been hot overseas in Japan, Milan, Paris, and London and is starting to make its way into the U.S. This is where you or a stylist creates a stencil which you then attach to your hair and you use glitter and paint to make a bold, brazen fashion statement. Everything from animal prints (like tiger stripes) to symbols has been used. This works on any length hair, but is more predominantly displayed on shorter hair. Stencils have been used frequently lately on Runway models in shows by Gucci, Calvin Klein, etc..
3) The wedge. This was popular in the 1970’s and is once again becoming popular. This was the cutesy do that made the likes of Dorothy Hammil America’s sweetheart of that era. This style is gaining popularity amongst 30-40 year olds in search of a short and easily maintained style. The wedge tends to draw attention to your face, not your hair and looks natural. So, if you already have a beautiful face and skin this is a real winner, as it will draw people in to your good looks. We recommend natural, mild makeup with this do.
4) The mullet. Yes, I know we thought it died off in the early 90’s, but it is making a surge again. No one knows why, except that is a very low maintenance style – or basically no style. It is basically a mop of hair for head banging music. “Business in the front and party in the back.” It has been popping up all over the south and has been seen on the rise even in New York, Chicago, etc.. This is a bad style that just won’t go away.
5) The Fullet. The female version of the mullet. Just as bad if not worse, but, once again it is making a comeback. Maybe that means the Bangles will make a comeback also? Heavy makeup is common with this do.
6) The flip. The style from the roaring 20’s is back as can be seen at the recent awards shows. This style has always been equated with glitz and glamour. It is another easy style and is easy to maintain. The flip goes with almost any makeup regimen. All the stars have worn this do at one time or another – from Jodie Foster to Rita Garbo.
Most of the hairstyles trends for 2006 are comebacks and are easy dos. Basically, people want something that is easy to manage and want variety – a cut that can be easily transformed from one style to another for different events or just for that different look. Women also want a style with easy, light makeup. According to numerous fashion sources these hairstyle and light makeup trends will be the big styles of 2016.
Great Post! Right Guys? Comment below and tell me and Selina what you think. I love this post and totally agree about the mullets. No offence, just my preference. I’m sure they look good on some people. Ok guys I Promise I’ll post more regular!!! It’s been crazy with school. If there is anyone else who would like to guest post or for me to guest post on your wonderful blogs, shoot me an email! BIG SHOUTOUT TO SELINA! Thanks! Don’t forget to check out her blog in the underlined , Hairstyles and Beauty, words above!